ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!!!
Football cupcakes that is!O.K. I have to admit... I'm not a real big fan of football. I do however enjoy baking these football cupcakes. With all the excitement of the Superbowl game this Sunday, I just had to get in on the action. So I decide these would be the perfect contribution for the "BIG GAME".
I like to display them in a unique way, so I decided to use my retro record cupcake stand (available in my Etsy shop). http://www.etsy.com/listing/92205827/retro-vintage-record-cupcake-stand-3
You can also add football cupcake wrappers to really make a statement, I found these free printables at Paisley Petal blog:
Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Frost with your favorite frosting when cool.
- Draw football threads on with small tube of white frosting
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8
1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
So whatever "season" you may find yourself in, know that it has it's purpose.